SysTrack FastTrack Program Overview
The Virtual Desktop Assessment Tool for Citrix
XenDesktop customers can take advantage of the detailed analytical capabilities present
in the Citrix Virtual Desktop Assessment Tool to smoothly transition to a user-centric
environment by identifying issues and providing detailed recommendations needed to
address any problems as they occur.
Scaling and ramping a pilot to production is
now a seamless process that leverages on‑demand and historical analysis of performance
for effective, proactive management.
The Citrix Virtual Desktop Assessment Tool includes an intuitive wizard that dramatically
simplifies the data collection process and outputs a comprehensive report providing the
detailed, quantitative information Citrix customers need to successfully implement desktop
The wizard intuitively guides the user through the assessment
process from the initial data gathering phase, through data analysis, then to modeling.
Transparent to the user, the wizard makes application delivery, FlexCast, datacenter
and location decisions based on the collected data.
The wizard also proactively
tracks the quality of the data in the assessment. From within the wizard, the customer
can troubleshoot issues and evaluate the SysTrack products that can provide ongoing
monitoring, optimization and problem resolution at the site and enterprise level.
As a part of an ever-evolving environment, FastTrack allows continued insight into how
to implement new technologies and optimize them while demonstrating performance gains.
A successful assessment opens more than just a pathway to a new end-user computing
experience; by gathering quantitative usage data and application performance details,
a software rationalization exercise can result in direct cost savings and streamlined
FastTrack includes complete versions of SysTrack Enterprise Visualizer, SysTrack Site
Visualizer and SysTrack Resolve that provide comprehensive monitoring, optimization and
problem resolution at the site and enterprise level.
SysTrack is the preeminent VDI assessment and design solution in the marketplace. Citrix
has designated Lakeside Software as their preferred supplier of assessment, design and
management tools to complement Citrix platinum offerings and recommends their XenDesktop
customers use SysTrack for their VDI projects and continuous monitoring.
FastTrack is developed by Lakeside Software in collaboration with Citrix and incorporates
Lakeside's patented technology. All licensed XenDesktop customers with valid myCitrix
IDs are eligible for a 60 day license to use FastTrack.
available for download via the Desktop Transformation Accelerator; go to www.citrix.com/dtaccelerator,
click the “Create a Project” button, login and complete the “Create a New Project” form.
- Streamline the desktop transformation assessment process: reduce planning costs, deliver plans more quickly and improve design quality to scale projects faster
- Remove road bumps: use sophisticated monitoring and diagnostic tools to identify and eliminate problems early in pilot and production projects
- Iteratively assess & monitor: deliver continuous process improvement and scale successes
- Prove success quantitatively: measure the before and after, so success from pilots is clear to decision makers
- Get “shelfware” installed and utilized: take advantage of licenses you already own
- FlexCast deployment user recommendations optimized for customer's specific configuration
- Open to all licensed XenDesktop customers with valid myCitrix IDs
- Wizard-based virtualization tools package customized for XenDesktop
- Provides complete EUE metering, measuring and monitoring
- Incorporates market-leading SysTrack technology
- 60 day program license
- Downloadable via Citrix Success Accelerator
- Easy upgrade to perpetual license
- Optimal FlexCast deployment method for each user
- Virtual Desktop (XenDesktop)
- Published Desktop (XenApp)
- Physical Desktop (XenClient)
- Streamed Desktop
- Optimal number of servers for each deployment method
- Optimal method of delivery for each desktop application
- Include in Base Image
- Publish Application
- Stream Application
- Mark Application for User Installation or Personal Virtual Disk
- Optimal deployment groups specification, by location, FlexCast model and base image
- Optimal data center location
- Optimal assignment of users to be serviced by each data center (for virtual and streamed deployment methods)
Read the FastTrack program announcement press release
Read the FastTrack program FAQ
Learn more about SysTrack technology
Learn more about SysTrack products
Citrix Joint Value Proposition for SysTrack FastTrack
Lakeside and Citrix Relationship Overview
Optimizing Your Citrix Environment