Lakeside Software keeps finding new (awesome) ways to leverage the data they collect
Gabe Knuth, editor
READ THE FULL BLOG
Unrivalled Data Depth and Quality
Integral to SysTrack is our unique, patented DataMine™ distributed database architecture.
DataMine aggregates node-level data unmatched in depth and quality, enabling SysTrack’s
sophisticated reporting intelligence to deliver an unprecedented level of insight into
application usage and resource utilization.
Unrivalled Organizational Adaptability
SysTrack is architected to handle complex organizations with numerous sites and organizational
entities through a multi-level forest design. Built-in authentication, encryption and compression
technologies meet security demands while providing flexibility for complex network implementations.
SysTrack is designed for high scalability and minimal performance impact to instrumented
environments. DataMine’s highly-efficient data collection, storage, aggregation and reporting
algorithms minimize network traffic, transparently accommodate user mobility, and enable
SysTrack to massively scale to over one million nodes.
Unrivalled Insight into End User Experience
SysTrack is the first tool to objectively measure and quantify the end user experience in
a multi-disciplined fashion. It is the first tool to directly correlate the performance of
the infrastructure with the productivity impact on the end user. The ability to compare
various application delivery architectures from a common scoring system enables IT to
select optimal platforms and technologies and minimize costs.
DataMine Architectural Features
- Small Footprint — less than 1% CPU utilization and 30-50 MB pageable memory
- Agent-based for low overhead
- Utilizes local Jet database on each leaf node managed system
- Standards Based — Utilizes TCP/IP for all network traffic
- Highly Scalable — over 300,000 managed desktops in a production environment
- Safe — Runs as a service with no kernel components (cannot blue screen system)
- Powerful — Customizable collection, condensing, alarming and notification
- Efficient — Only 100K of storage per leaf node condensed upward to top level