This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting software company that is rapidly growing. Lakeside Software is looking for a talented, experienced individual who will work with one of our largest financial services clients onsite at their facility to be their lead SysTrack technical engineer and Technical Relationship Manager (TRM) for the Lakeside SysTrack product suite. This customer already has a large established SysTrack installation and is looking to expand the footprint and use cases of the product.
This position requires someone with extensive experience in complex problem solving using a complex set of tools. Minimum level 2 and 3 support personnel experience. Further, the right candidate will have the ability to learn SysTrack very quickly and become proficient in its use.
This is not a project management or entry-level support position. You will be implementing SysTrack technology solutions to a very high-profile customer.
The position is based in Irving, Texas and will be primarily (but not solely) focused on solutions to a single customer using the SysTrack product but will work within a larger remote team. You will be responsible for facilitating/escalating technical customer support, problem resolution assistance and use-case generation around the SysTrack product suite. You will work directly with the customer to resolve issues and develop and maintain excellent customer relationships. This position will be the frontline technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SysTrack to the customer. A deep technical ability is required. Prior SQL knowledge is a must-have in this role. Previous senior level desktop support or engineering experience is a must. Virtualization experience with Citrix and/or VMWare is also needed for this role.
You will be the single point of contact between customer technical teams and Lakeside where you will have the opportunity to be a part of the SysTrack Technology Resource Organization, focusing on delivering solutions to this top customer. You will be an advocate of SysTrack within this high-profile customer while finding innovative use-case solutions for them using SysTrack. You will also be an advocate for your assigned customer within Lakeside, representing the needs of this high-value customer to various departments and functions within Lakeside Software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) with at least 5 years of relevant work experience (level 2 or 3 support, systems engineer, prior TRM role, etc.)
- Ability to learn the SysTrack product suite rapidly to become a functional SME for a high-profile customer
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with a data intensive, distributed application suite running in front of a SQL backend database
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the customer organization and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organization and presentation skills
- Technical documentation and presentation experience
- Experience designing and delivering solutions to large enterprise customer
- Ability to conduct meetings, document actions and follow up with all parties involved
- Ability to troubleshoot & analyze software, hardware and virtual platform configurations
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Previous experience with enterprise level 2 or 3 technical support or systems engineering
- Prior SysTrack knowledge or experience is a plus but not required (ability to learn the product fast and become proficient quickly is needed)
- Prior experience with desktop management and monitoring tools is a definite plus
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Professional certifications in technology like Microsoft, VMware and Citrix such as MCP, MCSE, VCP, CCA or CCEA is a definite plus
- Thorough understanding of hands-on support of hardware, software and OS layer of a Microsoft Windows environment, both physical and virtual, in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to learn new complex tools, methods and processes quickly to become a subject matter expert
- An in-depth understanding of relational databases, SQL query language and scripting, Microsoft SQL Server, and other related Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies (Reporting Services, Integration Services, Analysis Services)
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure initiatives and underlying technology
- A working knowledge of networking and Terminal Server technology is a plus but not required
- Act professionally and with integrity
- Ability to learn complex toolsets quickly
- Active listener
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Problem solving