Lakeside Software is the leading vendor in the Big Data for End User computing space. We develop best-of-breed enterprise systems management solutions that span large enterprises, governments, small and medium-sized businesses.
Our products help organizations manage and optimize the end-user experience. We accomplish this by tracking system configuration information, system changes, systems and user behavior, and performance data at a very detailed level. This data is utilized for troubleshooting, security, end user experience monitoring and compliance.
If you’re eager to bridge the purely technical software side with real-world use cases that we encounter with our customers, partners, and systems integrators, this position might be just right for you. You have a knack for the analytical and bring strong attention to detail. Turning raw data into useful information through your analytical skills is one of the things that gets you up in the morning. Apart from being (or becoming) proficient in SQL related technologies, you enjoy interacting with customers and partners in the industry to help organizations be more successful in delivering world-class IT services to their end-users.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or similar technical disciplines
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong interest in the software industry with a focus on end-user systems, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Ability to interact and communicate with technical support, sales and customers to understand customer needs and solve them
- Ability to travel up to 30%, including international and overseas travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of high level programming languages (C, C++, C#, VB.NET or similar)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, shell (*nix), Python, etc.)
- Experience in architecting, designing, or administering of Windows-based IT environments is preferred (Windows Server, Citrix, Terminal Services, VMware, etc.)
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, etc.)