This year, Citrix Synergy’s theme was Delivering the Future of Work. In anticipation of the conference, CMO Tim Minahan expressed, “Increasingly, competitiveness is being determined by how well companies can harness technology to innovate faster and drive new levels of employee engagement and productivity that improve the customer experience and business results.”
Employee engagement and productivity are two concepts at the core of Lakeside’s value offering since our inception, so I was particularly excited to hear about more widespread interest in the subject. Throughout the conference, one could say Citrix placed a lot of emphasis on end-user experience via breakout sessions, announcements, meet the experts theaters, and throughout the show floor.
Do you think they delivered on this concept?
Here is a summary of Citrix Synergy 2019 announcements and other details, in case you missed anything. We are also hosting a webinar on June 13th covering everything you need to know to optimize your Citrix environment. Register today!
Awards & Giveways
A cool initiative at Synergy is their Citrix Innovation award where they recognize customers and partners using Citrix technology to improve the way they or other organizations work. This year, the winner of the Customer Innovation award was Indiana University for their use of the Citrix platform to provide educational resources to everyone, in particular people who are visually impaired. Learn more in Citrix’s post about Indiana University’s use case and other organizations recognized.
The Partner Innovation award winner was DXC for their work with Saab Group. Using DXC’s MyWorkStyle offering, Saab and DXC use the Citrix Workspace suite to integrate new companies very effectively and support their everyday operations. Learn more about DXC and Saab’s work here.
We also gave away some goodies including an Orca cooler and a Star Wars drone. Congratulations to the winners!
Citrix Synergy 2019 Announcements
The following is a list of some of the annoucements that caught our attention:
- About halfway through the conference, Citrix announced Citrix Analytics for Performance for measuring Citrix end-user experience and more. Watch the announcement here:
After learning a bit more about this offering, it is particularly exciting to me because it gives validation to what we have been doing and speaking of for years: end-user experience being the most important metric in IT. You may wonder then, how does SysTrack compare? SysTrack is a complete Digital Experience Monitoring tool for the entire environment independent of vendor, independent of deployment, and independent of OS and device. Given the high volume of performance and user data captured by SysTrack, it is truly a different type of solution that goes beyond analytics.
- Citrix Analytics to partner with Splunk for improved visibility into security threats. In this Citrix documentation, they highlight how this integration allows you to export data indicating risky activity from Analytics to Splunk.
- New joint solution with Ping Identity for contextual access to Citrix Workspace. At the core of this offering is providing IT admins the ability to use risk information to inform access policy.
- Citrix adds “intelligence” to the Citrix Workspace following their Sapho acquisition. Calvin Hsu put together what he called a “Citrix Workspace Intelligence 101” with a pretty good overview of the offering. The solution features a customized user feed from which employees can access all of their resources. The purpose of this solution is to eliminate the friction that the traditional workspace and applications cause the employee experience and elevate Citrix Workspace users’ experience.
- Citrix announces Workflow Assistant an assistant that connects to Citrix Analytics. Not much out in the web yet on it, but check out what Brian Madden’s Kyle Johnson said about the keynote announcement.
- Citrix Managed Desktops on Azure will support Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD). WVD is Microsoft’s virtualization service announced Q3 2018 that is now in public preview. While Citrix has celebrated the availability of WVD’s public preview prior to Synergy 2019, during the conference, Citrix expressed the value of integrating Citrix Workspace with WVD. Check out this thorough Citrix blog highlighting the benefits.
Along with Citrix and other vendors, Lakeside Software has also embraced the launch of WVD particularly because of the value we understand it brings customers including multi-session deployments, unified management of Windows desktop and apps, and more. If you are considering WVD, I suggest you check out our free tool for assessing your readiness and candidacy for WVD.
- Citrix announces Access Control Service for hybrid deployments. The solution is currently in technical preview and brings SSO to SaaS, web and Citrix virtual apps and desktops, and more.
Wondering how these changes could impact your Citrix environment? Join us live for our recap webinar.
On to Citrix Synergy 2020!
Next year’s conference location and dates have already been announced. It will be taking lace in Orlando, FL May 19-21. We look forward to more exciting announcements and happenings at Citrix Synergy 2020!