As part of our commitment to providing fast and reliable service, Lakeside Software, LLC (“Lakeside Software”) has implemented a Fair Use Policy for SysTrack Cloud.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 06/01/2021
Why do we have a Fair Use Policy?
Lakeside Software is a multi-tenant cloud service. That means our products and the resources that support them are shared by several of our customers. To ensure that all tenants are provided with adequate resources, all must adhere to a reasonable set of guidelines when using the platform. If one user or tenant consumes an unexpectedly high amount of resources for an extended period of time, it can adversely affect the other tenants who share those resources.
While the vast majority of users consume the SysTrack Cloud services well within the boundaries of the Fair Use Policy today, use of an unusually significant amount of resources by a small number of users can adversely affect the overall experience of other users. This Fair Use Policy establishes limitations to reduce inappropriate consumption in order to ensure the service is available to everyone.
The Fair Use Policy
We monitor the performance of the SysTrack Cloud continuously. Only those tenants and users that generate exceptionally high loads over a sustained period of time will violate this policy.
The details of the policy are defined below.
SysTrack Group Limits per tenant
- Maximum of 25 Groups enabled in Visualizer/vScape
SysTrack VU Limits per tenant
- Maximum of 50 rows inserted per day per licensed endpoint across all VUs, custom or enabled, beyond default
- Maximum of 25 columns per custom VU
- Maximum of 100 million rows per VU
API Limits per tenant
- May only call publicly documented APIs
- Direct API calls* should only be made with authorized tenant service API accounts provided by Lakeside Software*
- Maximum of 100 *direct API calls* per hour per 10,000 licensed devices or users
- Maximum of 100,000 rows returned per hour via *direct API calls
*Direct API calls are those that are made outside of the product UI and not from the collection agents themselves.
Lakeside Software understands that customers may occasionally produce data volume outside their normal usage patterns and may well exceed the Fair Use Policy. In those cases, Lakeside Software requests a minimum of a 30-day notice from the customer for evaluation and such use may incur additional costs.
Should a user or tenant operate outside the boundaries of this Fair Use Policy, Lakeside Software reserves the right to:
- Throttle the usage of the service to force compliance;
- Remove all additional data beyond the Fair Use Policy limits;
- Change the configuration of SysTrack Cloud to align to this Fair Use Policy; and/or
- Terminate the tenant agreement entirely.
Changes to the Fair Use Policy
The Fair Use Policy may be updated by Lakeside Software at any time and will be made available in this