I’m excited about Lakeside’s announcement today of the release of the latest major version of its SysTrack product: SysTrack 7.
SysTrack 7 represents a significant advancement in the creation and utilization of Big Data to enhance end user computing, and a major milestone in the evolution of SysTrack. In its essence, SysTrack provides IT with the data they need to better visualize their workforce environment and deliver operational excellence. SysTrack 7 is easier to use, web-based, highly customizable, much more visual, and provides significant new real time capabilities.
For example, you can create a custom dashboard that you publish through your enterprise portal where an executive could, in a glance, see the real time health of the enterprise’s end user environment. SysTrack 7’s dashboards can also integrate data from non-SysTrack sources. Through its distributed data architecture, SysTrack scales to hundreds of thousands of monitored systems in a single deployment across the entire spectrum of physical and virtual desktops and servers.
SysTrack allows IT leaders and business owners to gain deep insights into their workforce, pinpoint application and system issues in real time, and accurately scale and size virtualized environments based on actually observed user behavior. Because today’s knowledge workers are interacting with a compute environment almost 100% of their working time, SysTrack’s data allows forward thinking organizations to gain insights into their workforce’s needs and behaviors, allowing you to solve previously unsolvable workforce problems. SysTrack 7 will allow you to make better decisions whether they are planning decisions, project execution decisions, or decisions around managing your day to day operational environment.
In short, Version 7 extends SysTrack capabilities along multiple dimensions – dashboard customization, data visualization and reporting, root cause analysis, virtual infrastructure monitoring, and more:
- Dynamic Content Construction – A new dashboard web application provides a dynamic method to construct customized views of any data in SysTrack.
- Real-Time Graphing – Real-time reporting capabilities have been extended to allow for more advanced data presentation for individual endpoints, groups of systems, and across the enterprise.
- SSRS Integration – Advanced reporting leverages Microsoft(R) SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to provide detailed software inventory analysis, system configuration, virtual infrastructure, and other important environmental information.
- Comparative Analysis – A new comparative analysis engine provides quick comparison of an individual system to sets of other systems in the enterprise for most key performance metrics.
- Real-Time Application and Health Reporting – A new, extremely efficient process feeds real-time application and health data from a child system to the master system.
- Host Performance Analysis – A new tool – SysTrack vScape – specifically for monitoring virtual infrastructure and identifying sources of environmental issues allows for partitioning health into a guest operating system view and an infrastructure view.
- Host Reporting Dataset – A new dataset provides a wealth of information about the virtual infrastructure; summarizing the topology with datacenter and virtual machine manager references as well as detailing the host configurations and utilization, this dataset provides an at-a-glance reference to identify infrastructure components and oversubscription.
Check out Lakeside’s new white paper “New Features in the SysTrack 7.0 End-User Analytics Platform” to learn more about these and other new capabilities in SysTrack 7.
Subscribe to the Lakeside Newsletter
Receive platform tips, release updates, news and more