Be sure to check back for more details as they become available. Updated on April 22, 3:19 p.m. ET.
More than a year after most organizations sent employees to work from home, the real work is just getting started for digital workplaces.
Because in a post-pandemic world — where remote and hybrid work are becoming a permanent part of business — organizations face a new challenge: A growing disconnect between employee, IT, and C-level priorities when it comes to digital employee experience and the path to productivity.
But where to even begin closing these digital workplace divides?
Details on DEXterity 2021
- Wednesday and Thursday, May 26-27, at 9 a.m.-2 p.m. ET | 3-8 p.m. CET
- Free and open to attendees in the Americas and EMEA
- Registration, agenda, and speaker bios: http://bit.ly/DEXterity
What You'll Experience: A Quick Overview
- Opening address by Lakeside founder and CEO Mike Schumacher
- Wednesday keynote by Matt Cain, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner
- Thursday keynote by Angela Salmeron, associate director of IDC’s European Future of Work
- Exclusive market research on remote work and digital employee experience
- Executive panel on the future of work
- Practical advice on strategies and solutions from Lakeside experts, customers, and tech partners
- A first look at Lakeside's latest product innovations
- Two breakout-session tracks: help desk operations and digital workplace planning
- Live peer networking opportunities
- Live entertainment for the entire family (so gather them around the laptop!)
5 DEXterity Highlights Not to Miss
1. Meet the community powering DEM innovation.
DEXterity 2021 will be packed with thought leadership, technical expertise, and case studies that not only highlight uses for digital experience management in a variety of industries, but also the overall importance of digital employee experience (DEX) to the future of work.
You’re invited to attend sessions featuring:
- Insights into the future of work and digital workplaces presented by top analysts at Gartner and IDC.
- Informative presentations and Q-and-As with Lakeside experts, customers, and tech partners (including Microsoft, IGEL, and Citrix).
- Exclusive Lakeside research that reveals insights about remote work and DEX from three different perspectives: C-level, employees, and IT leaders.
- Updates about Lakeside’s upcoming product innovations and cloud platform capabilities.
2. Insights from top analysts in the industry.
What are the forces driving digital workplace changes? How do they impact digital employee experience? What can IT do to adapt to these changes and improve DEX? And what will this mean for the future of work?
Dive deeper into the latest industry research and insights presented by guest analysts during both days of the forum. Keynote speaker Matt Cain, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner, will help kick off Wednesday with a session on eliminating digital friction and enhancing digital dexterity, followed by Angela Salmeron, associate director of IDC’s European Future of Work, who will deliver the opening session on Thursday.
Gartner Market Guide for Digital Experience Monitoring, 2020
3. Exclusive market research regarding remote work and digital employee experience.
About 91% of C-level executives rate digital employee experience as a medium to very high priority for their organizations post-pandemic, according to a recent survey. Yet only about half report their organizations are actively measuring DEX.
And many IT leaders (60%) don’t even see the need for improving DEX, despite a majority of C-level and employee respondents (62% and 64%, respectively) rating current DEX as average to very low.
So why is there such a divide about digital workplaces?
Lakeside CMO Bill Hobbib digs deeper into new Lakeside research conducted by ESI ThoughtLab about remote work, DEX, and future goals from the perspectives of C-level execs, employees, and IT leaders in various industries during a general session on Wednesday.
4. Deepen your knowledge of help desk operations and digital workplace planning.
The second day of the event will feature two different tracks of specially themed sessions — help desk operations and digital workplace planning — so you can explore topics most relevant to you. Here’s what to expect:
- Help desk operations
Tune in for sessions about experience level agreements (XLAs), proactive and predictive IT tools and solutions, automation, and remote work troubleshooting that can bring your service operations to a whole new level.
- Digital workplace planning
Save your spot for sessions focusing on how digital experience management can help right-size digital workplaces and transform employee experience, a Windows Virtual Desktop expert panel with Microsoft, and a session with Citrix about creating productive workspaces.
5. Lakeside customers discuss enhancing digital employee experience.
Looking for real-world examples of strategies that helped improve digital workplaces and employee experiences?
Lakeside customers — including representatives from Florida Blue, Rockefeller Capital Management, Humana, and more — will be featured throughout the two-day event to discuss their own transforming workplaces, as well as practical advice for solving remote work challenges and improving digital experiences.
FAQs: What You Need to Know About DEXterity
Q: Is there a fee to participate?
DEXterity 2021 is free to attend and only requires registration to participate. Visit the event page to sign up.
Q: Is this event only for IT?
This event is open to anyone interested in learning more about insights and solutions shaping the future of digital workplaces, and features panel discussions and sessions ranging from broad industry trends to more technical topics.
Q: Where can I see the event’s full agenda?
Visit our event page to see the list of session for both days, as well as speaker bios and other details.
Q: For the second-day breakout sessions, do I have to choose just one of the two track options — help desk or digital workplace planning — or can I pick from both?
Although we’ve made it easy for participants to join breakout sessions by grouping similar topics into two different tracks, you’re welcome to pop into any of the sessions.
Q: I might not be able to attend both days. Can I join whenever I’m available?
No problem! Feel free to join at any point during the conference.
Q: I would like to share this with my colleagues. What link should I use?
For more details about the event or to register, please visit http://bit.ly/DEXterity.
Lakeside Software’s DEXterity Virtual Conference 2021
Join us for analyst insights, exclusive research, and sessions with industry leaders during our free two-day event.
Lindsey Poisson is a technical journalist at Lakeside Software focused on the latest news, trends, and innovations in the IT industry and digital experience management market. Previously an award-winning newspaper reporter, she now delves into topics surrounding remote work, digital employee experience, proactive IT support, and the future of work. She also currently lives, works, and adventures around Ann Arbor, Michigan.